Monday, August 31, 2009

My little present!

Back in March we had a pindoll swap on one of my Yahoo groups. As it turned out, my partner Jen, who lives in Australia, sent me a beautiful, embroidered, beaded little doll. IT GOT LOST IN SPACE!! She wanted to send me a replacement and I told her please don't. The mail is so expensive. I saw a photo of the first one and loved it and appreciated the effort. Wellllll, a couple of days ago, guess what I got in the mail? Yep, you guessed it. She sent me another! It is so pretty and I know you will agree. This little girl is 5 1/2 inches tall. Look at that pretty face!

14 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Aww,, that little doll is so cute. and how sweet of your partner to send you another one when the first one got lost.

That diaper bag is adorable- great job, Grandma ;) and your little grand daughter is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Well she was a pleasant surprise, wasn't she? She is beautiful too!

Michelle Eaton said...

The little doll is wonderful!

How lovely that she sent you another one. It is really sad that the first one got lost though :(

HElen said...

Sorry that first got lost in the mail, but this one is so adorable!

NadineC said...

Well, that is just the nicest thing she did! And the doll is adorable - you are a lucky lady, but very deserving of such generosity :-)

BumbleVee said...

what a lovely little lady....lots of great embroidered fleurs there....I see some bullion roses......

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely surprise though it's such a pity the first one was lost in the mail.

MaryO said...

You're right, that is a lovely little face, and I love all the embroidery on the body!

vivian said...

what a wonderful little doll and i'm sure a great surprise! sometimes things do disappear in the mail.. and that really sucks!
hugs
vivian

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

That doll is lovely! How nice of your swap partner to send you another one. She did a wonderful job on her.

Hugs

Unknown said...

What a cute doll ! Wasn't that nice of Jen .

Shashi Nayagam said...

So sweet of her to do that. The doll is lovely.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. What a lovely gift.

Unknown said...

Oh how very very sweet.. and to doll is adorable.. very cute!!!
M